Non-Resident Indian Students
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) who have completed their qualifying examinations are eligible for admission into PERI Institute of Technology (PERI IT) for B.E. and M.E. programmes. Please visit the pages below for more information on eligibility conditions and application procedure. You can also contact us at +91 967 713 0347 or email us at email@example.com.
Non-Resident Indians or NRIs should fulfil the following conditions to be eligible for admission.
- The candidate should have passed in all subjects.
- The candidate should have scored minimum average of 50% in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry in their qualifying examination.
- If the candidates produce grade certificates, they have to produce either the actual marks or equivalent marks for the respective grades. In case equivalent mark range is given for grades by the respective examination authorities, only the minimum marks applicable to the grades in the eligible subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) will be taken into account.
- Candidate should have studied in English Medium OR should have studied English as one of the subjects in the Qualifying Exam.
- The decision of Anna University will be final in case of any ambiguity in the eligibility criteria.
- If the candidate is applying for a M.E. degree, they should have completed a graduate of engineering degree in the same field as that of the required postgraduate degree.
The following qualifications are considered equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian Education.
- GCE Examination of U.K. with a passing grade in five subjects at the Ordinary Level (O level) and two subjects at the Advanced Level (A Level).
- Higher School Certificate Examination, University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, U.K.
- International Baccalaureate Examination of Geneva.
- High School Graduation from accredited US institutions.
- 12 Years High School Diploma of China.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of International School, Bangkok / Grade 12 Examination of Ruam Rudee International School, Bangkok / 12 Years High School Diploma of Adventist English School, Bangkok / Mathayom VIII, Final Examination of Upper Secondary Education Course; Final Examination of Secondary Education Course / Mathayom Suksa, 5 Pre-University Final Examination (12 Year Course) of Ministry of Education, Thailand.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of Myanmar.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of Syria.
- 12 Years of Secondary Stage qualifications of National Examination Board / Council of Ministries of Education of Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Ethiopian School Leaving Certificate (12 Years Course), Ministry of Education & Fine Arts, Ethiopia.
- 12 Years General Secondary School Certificate of Ministry of Education, Sultanate of Oman and Yemen.
- SMA/SLTA/Senior High School/Secondary School Advanced stage exams of Indonesia.
- Intermediate Science Course, Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary / 12 Years High School Diploma / Certificate Level examination of the approved Board / Council of Secondary Education in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Gulf Countries.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) of Ministry of Education, Malaysia / Matriculation Science Course of National University of Malaysia / 12 years Matriculation Science Certificate of University of Malaya & University of Science, Malaysia.
Date of issue of application
20th January 2014
Last date for receiving filled in application
31st July 2014
Date of commencement of Academic session
The academic session begins by July/August every year. Candidates selected for admission are required to report to PERI IT by the scheduled date mentioned in the letter of admission, pay the fees and accept admission. If the candidate fails to do so, the admission offer may be withdrawn.
Step 1 :Applications can be sent by email or through post on or before 31st July 2014. The following documents are required for admission:
- Recent NRI status certificate of the parent issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country (Affidavit of NRI status is not accepted)
- Employment Certificate of the NRI parent. In the case of self employment, nature of business, annual income and required proof like Income – Tax paid (for the last 3 years), etc. (Please click here to download certificate format.)
- NRE / NRI bank account statement of the NRI parent for at least last six months
- Valid Indian Passport of the NRI parent
- Valid Indian Passport of the Candidate
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate Mark Sheet (X Standard) or equivalent
- Qualifying Mark Sheet/Grade Sheet of XII Standard or equivalent
- Copy of School Transfer Certificate
- Copy of Migration Certificate
- Declaration by Sponsor (Please click here to download certificate format.)
- Declaration by Parent (Please click here to download certificate format.)
- Completed application form
If the documents are being sent by email scanned copies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If sending by post, the photocopies of the required documents can be sent to the below address.
Director - Admissions
The Admission Cell
PERI Institute of Technology
No 1, Near West Tambaram,
Mannivakkam, Chennai - 600 048
Ph: +91 967 713 0347
The candidate should ensure that their contact details are legibly written on the package.
When the application form is received, an email notification of receipt will be sent to the email ID given in the application form.
Step 2 : The documents will be verified and if the candidate is selected, they will be notified by email.
Step 3 : Once the selection confirmation is received, the candidate will be required to pay an interim amount to confirm and book their place at PERI IT.
Step 4 : On payment of the interim amount, the candidate will be issued a Letter of Acceptance to process the visa in the name of ‘PERI Institute of Technology’
Step 5 : On arrival at PERI IT, the candidate should submit the following documents at the Admission Cell.
- Application form
- Original Mark Sheets for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Qualifying Examinations
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photo
Step 6 : The balance amount of Tuition Fees, Registration Fees, Exam Fees and Hostel Fees should be paid by the candidate at the time of submission of documents.
Once all documents are submitted and fees paid, the candidate is registered as a student at PERI IT.
The selection committee constituted by PERI Institute of Technology will select candidates under this scheme as per the guidelines of the Institution. The selection is purely provisional and always subject to confirmation from Anna University, Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Since the medium of instruction at PERI IT is English, the medium of instruction for the candidate's qualifying examination should be English OR they should have studied English as one of the subjects in their qualifying examination. Only candidates who meet this criteria will be considered for admissions. Alternatively, the student can underake a course on English Language in the campus for six months before the commencement of their programme.
Mode of selection
The Selection Committee will scrutinize the applications received based on eligibility criteria and intimate the applicants by email.
Candidates who are admitted under this scheme must obtain valid student visa issued by Indian missions abroad.
Candidates offered admission by our institute should submit a medical fitness certificate in the prescribed format (Please click here to download Medical Certificate format).
Payment of Tuition Fees
On receipt of the admission letter, the candidate should pay the prescribed fee as indicated in the admission letter.
Hostel accommodation is available inside the campus. Interested candidates may apply to the Overseas Admissions Coordinator / Deputy Warden of Hostel for accommodation. They should pay the prescribed fee as per hostel rules. Separate blocks in the existing hostels are available for international students.